Powered by Blogger.

Jia Hong Sheng Update

Jia Hong Sheng UpdateJia Hongsheng was the tragic actor type, who struggled with drugs and depression before committing suicide by jumping off the window of his 14-th floor Beijing apartment, where he lived with his parents.Jia left no final words, but his monologue in the 2001 movie, Quitting chronicles his life and struggles. In one scene, he gets out of bed in a rehabilitation center and says: "I am Jia Hongsheng, an actor who loves rock and loves John Lennon. I wanted to be a great actor. I wanted to have a great band. But I am just a person.""I am Jia Hongsheng, an actor who loves rock and loves John Lennon. I wanted to be a great actor. I wanted to have a great band. But I am just a person."The movie won Jia best actor award at the Singapore International Film Festival in 2002.


His parents, retired theater actors, didn't take any interviews after their son's death, but in a statement said:? "Our son is looking for his dream. Let's wish him well and respect his decision."


Born in Jilin province and a graduate of the Central Academy of Drama in Beijing, in the same year as classmate, Gong Li, Jia was well known in the late 1980s and early 1990s with movies like Good Morning, Beijing, A Woman from North Shaanxi and Weekend Lover. His James Dean-like bad-boy image and vulnerability earned him fans.


Jia also starred in the standout movie Suzhou River, and fell in love with the co-star, Zhou Xun.


The actor withdrew from the spotlight in 1995 after becoming addicted to heroin and cannabis. His parents moved to Beijing to try and help him but eventually he was sent to a mental health institution.


In the 1995 movie, Frozen, Jia played a performance artist who decides to make his own death his final work.


The writer "Wang Shuo once described me as a kid but I am quite mature due to the sense of sadness I have," Jia said. " I don't like being numb to life, which is a great pity as I am living."

t

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP