Powered by Blogger.

Adventures In Babysitting

Adventures In BabysittingAdventures In Babysitting, It’s not easy when you have 4 kids to find a babysitter. Especially if you’re me. I’m a bit picky and I don’t want someone in my house that isn’t going to actually pay attention to my kids. But I also want them to be able to drive, or live in walking distance (because then I don’t have to pay for a taxi to take them home in addition to the one that brought me home because when I go out without the kids I like to enjoy some cocktails:)) Add into the fact that I also have to pay said babysitter (meaning teenager who is going to sit on my couch, eat my chips and text all night long) $10 an hour that makes for a pretty expensive evening. Needless to say our nights out are few and far between.


But – deciding that for the sake of my sanity and for the happiness of my children that my husband and I needed a night out of our house. I had my friend give me the email of her son’s ex-girlfriend and I had been emailing her back and forth trying to find a day that fit in our schedule. I called her yesterday and booked her for the evening – once again re-iterating how I got her name and that I lived close to her ex-boyfriend. This is how our phone conversation went


Me – Hi, how about I email you directions to my house. Do you know where the big French Catholic school is on the corner?


Her – oh yup, I know where that is.


Me – OK, so you live on (I say her street name) – I used to live 2 doors down from you, I’ll send you directions from your house. I actually live close to your ex-boyfriend


Her – ok, sounds good. Email me directions.


At 7:38 (she was supposed to be here at 7:30)I get an email that says this;


Where are you located?

Like what state?


Are.You.Fucking.Kidding.Me?


So I email back – Where are you located?


And she emails me this


I’m in Portland, Oregon, I don’t think we’re in the same area?


Ya Think?


So, needless to say we did not get our ever needed night out, but what’s worse is my kids were so excited for a babysitter! Poor kids were sad they didn’t have a new friend coming over.


So how does something like this happen? This girl had the exact same name as the one I thought I was contacting,around the same age – but obviously ridiculously stupid.


Now the good thing is that I did get 2 names of girls who would be interested in babysitting for me in the future. And I’m pretty sure we live in the same country!


A Woman On The Edge!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP